2.6.10

38 weeks and about to bust


I haven't posted at all yet on the new baby and second pregnancy yet. Shame on me. So now that I am at the end here some tid bits from the pregnancy. A funny thing is, there is a couple in the church who we are great friends with who got married the same exact day, year, and time that Dan and I did. That same couple is having their first child due the very same day ours is due to arrive, June 13th!!! It has been so cool to share this with her. She is an incredible lady and friend. We also have the same doctor and are still measuring right on together. So funny! We are always joking with one another that we may be there side by side rooting each other on. As time is winding down this is becoming more of a possibility. Love sharing this special time with these special people.
  • How far along: 38 weeks and 4 days
  • Total weight gain/loss: I'm not sure, haven't been keeping track...not really wanting to this time around! But I know that I haven't gained anymore in the past few weeks.
  • Stretch marks: none thus far, fingers are crossed!
  • Best moment this week: spending some quality time with Halle before baby comes
  • Food cravings:First trimester was pickles and dairy, like milk and ice cream. This whole pregnancy I have craved citrus fruit. I have ate tons of grape fruit! These last couple of weeks chomping on ice and drinking lots of water to cool me off has been a definite favorite. I take a glass with me wherever I go.
  • Gender: Baby girl!
  • Labor signs: Some BH contractions. Alot of crazy pressure on the cervix. I have been dilated at 2 for 3 weeks two and half weeks now and 50 percent effaced. I feel like the baby has dropped alot.
  • Belly button in or out: Doesn't even seem like there is one there but still in.
  • Current mood: Super tired. Not getting much sleep at night, tossing and turning...and snoring Dan says. I feel like I can't breath. I have had crazy heartburn this pregnancy, but thankfully it has let up some the past couple of weeks. I was eating tums like they were candy. It has been super hard lately to keep up with Halle, especially going anywhere alone with her. I feel bigger and bigger everyday. We are super excited to see our new little girl. I can't wait to meet her. I am a little anxious for Halle's sake and how she will feel and how she will do with a new baby in the house. Halle has been super clingy to me lately, more than ever. And anxious about being a mom to two and loving the new baby girl as much as I do Halle. I can't imagine loving another so much.
  • What I am looking forward to: Deciding on a name for our new baby girl. Saying goodbye to heartburn and sleepless nights....oh yeah, nevermind that. I think that is the way God prepares you for those sleepless nights ahead. I'm looking forward to holding our new baby girl and seeing what color hair she has...ha! I can't wait to kiss her and squeeze her.
  • Milestones: the huge one is fast approaching

1 comment:

J-D-K-G said...

Continuing to pray for you guys, Jess! Would still love to be at the hospital with you even though we may likely not see each other-just the thought is neat. It's been a fun journey.