26.2.11

I brought it!

Last September I set out on a 90 day endeavor to get in shape and lose 25 pounds. My motivation was of course the cruise we were taking for Christmas. I was determined to be in a swimsuit by Christmas! My ever so sweet, good looking, absolutely gorgeous, healthy mother lent me the ever so difficult P90X program. I tell you the truth it was insanely hard in the beginning! After the very first day, I could not move! I could hardly do even close to the reps those on the video were doing. I could hardly finish the 30 second intervals on the plyometrics or Yoga training. The thoughts of quitting sure crossed my mind. I thought surely this is way to advanced for me. But you know what I stuck with. I just kept saying I will do my very best. And you know what, I made it and I made it well. I can now do all the reps needed, I moved up in weights, and can last through Plyometrics (which is the toughest video) with energy at the end to do more. Praise Jesus he gave me the strength to go on. At the end I was in the best shape of my life. I saw muscles I never knew I had. I lost 25 pounds and two pants sizes. Not only could I tell an outward difference but I felt great; more energized, more confident, better mood and stronger. Since Christmas though I have had a lack of motivation. I need another cruise to whip me back into shape, the work outs have been sporadic. I am so thankful for my mom keeping me in check for those 90 days. She was a great accountability! Thank you Jesus for giving me the strength and discipline to finish.
After:



Before:

No comments: