26.2.11

Back 2 Work


Since Halle was born I had become a stay at home mom. I cleaned a few houses on the side. Last October Dan and I decided that I need to intently look for a more regular part time job. We were trying to find something that would fit with our schedule so that Dan would be able to stay home with the girls while I worked...somewhere. I opted to take on a night job. I was hired at a hotel for night receptionist. ON my scheduled day to start training my Pastor's wife mentioned there was an opening at the Cedar Falls Lutheran Home for a part time breakfast server to the Assisted Living. I immediately called and got an interview set up. I was hired and I have never enjoyed going to work sooooooo much! I only work MWF and every other weekend from 7am to 9:30am. It works out perfect. Dan is able to watch the girls and then I relieve him. I continue to clean a hand full of houses every other week on Dan's day off. I serve the residents by serving drinks, fixing whatever they want to eat, and cleaning up and reseting the cafe before I go. I've actually become the expert egg frier. The residents smile and say "oooo, she cooks some wonderful eggs!" :) I serve around 16-17 residents and I have come to love them so much! The above picture is of my sweet friend, Jen. She has so much wisdom to share. I do not leave with a dry eye the days I sit with her. Thank you Jesus for providing a great job!

No comments: