12.12.08

Thanksgiving in South Georgia


yes..that's a real live turkey. We spent Thanksgiving in Statesboro, Ga with my Dad and Stepmother. We had the family gathering at my Uncle and Aunt's house this year. Dan and Halle were introduced to the backwoods south Georgia way of doing Thanksgiving.  My Uncle Joey has quite the collection of animals. Along with that turkey running around the yard there were chickens, goats, cats, dogs, rabbits, and the cat fish pond, which once used to be an above the ground pool.  We, of course, had a HUGE COMPETITIVE game of horse shoes going, a cooler full of beer, kids laughing as Uncle Joey was teaching them how to hypnotize chickens, 10 gallons of sweet tea, an oyster roast, and cat neutering by Uncle Joey.  It was awesome!!! I just love going back home. My family is really great, they may be a little country but they are loving, caring, hospitable, and so sweet!  I love all of them so much, I really enjoy all the time I get to spend time with them. It doesn't happen nearly enough. I look forward to the day when Uncle Joey can teach Halle how to hypnotize chickens.


our first Thanksgiving with Halle Grace
"I'm a Daddy's girl" She is getting so strong!
Daddy is so great with Halle, he's taught me so much with her. He is a great Grandpa!
We got to set up the Christmas tree before we left.  Halle really liked the lights.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to spend thanksgiving in south Georgia : ).