21.4.09

Easter Weekend in the South

For the weekend of Easter Dan, Halle, and I went to South Georgia to visit all of my family. Saturday we attended Rincon Church of God picnic and got to see and catch up with many of our friends. The afternoon was full of great food, great fellowship, good eatin, easter egg huntin, and a good old game of softball.
Halle fell asleep with Papa.
I love my Meme. She is soo sweet.
After the picnic, Dan, Halle and I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening in downtown Savannah and Tybee Island. This was Halle's first visit to the beach. She got really excited when the waves would come up close to her but didn't like the very cold water to touch her. Of course she liked to play in the sand and then eat it.


We enjoyed some really great food at the Crab Shack on Tybee that evening.  Dan and I took our very first date here.

For Easter Sunday we went to Rincon Church of God in the morning and had a big family lunch at Papa and Meme's.
My mom's husband Jon was trying to get Halle to smile for the camera.
It was really nice to spend the afternoon with my family. This is my mom, Halle, and Jon.
This is my brother Jon and my cousin Ben.
Easter Evening we went to Uncle Joey's farm for dinner. Halle had fun watching all the animals, playing in the dirt, swimming in the pool, playing on the playground with her cousins, and hunting for Easter eggs.

Halle playing with her cousin, Alexis.
This is Sam, Uncle Joey's dog. He likes to lounge in chairs not dirt. 

My brother Brandon loves Dan-o.
We played in our family get-together ritual...a tournament of horse shoes. Here's my brother Jon and Uncle Joey in an intense game of horse shoes.
My brother Brandon entertained us with his scooter and home made ramps. 

We really again enjoyed spending time with our family. We will miss being so close. GREAT WEEKEND!! 

No comments: