11.1.09

ALIENS

Everyone should know that this is not Jessica typing this blog, but it is her strapping, handsom husband Dan who is typing away this cold January day. The reason you might ask? I believe I have a very special story that I feel Jessica might be a little too "humble" to share with you.

As is common on most Saturday nights, I spend the closing hours of the evening typing away, getting some of the next weeks things taken care of for Four Points Church. While I type, Jessica commonly falls asleep next to me on the couch. In all honesty, I find evenings like this very peaceful and serene. Normally, when I finish my work, I gently wake up Jessica and we head to bed together. Last night, as I gently tapped on Jessica's back to wake her up to go to bed, she awoke and began making her way of the stairs. As she rounded the banister towards the first step, I realized that we had better decide how each of us would make it to church in the morning. Since we are in a church plant, I generally have to arrive at the church at 6:00 A.M. to assist our army of volunteers in  setting up everything that enables us to transform a school into a functioning church. Since we have a little baby, we try to find a way that allows her to sleep a little later than 5:30. So I asked Jessica, "Hey babe, what time are you coming to church in the morning?" She looked at me and said, "I going to church with the Aliens" as if this were a completely normal response to this type of question. A little dumbfounded and slightly amused I responded by a highly intellectual (because I went to college) response. "What?" To which my wife responded as though I had some sort of hearing deficiency, "I AM GOING TO CHURCH WITH THE ALIENS". At this points, I did not know if she was joking with me or was in fact serious, so I admit that I raised my voice a little to get an idea of what was happening within the complex feminine brain of my wife. "JESSICA, What time are you going to church in the morning?" My wife response? "ALIENS DAN, I AM GOING TO CHURCH WITH ALIENS!" And with that she turned away and walked up the stairs.
A couple of minutes later, I walked up the stairs to find her barely awake in bed. I asked her if she remembered any of what just happened. She said no, so I decided to tell her all that is mentioned above. We both laughed and fell asleep together on a cold winters night.

Check out the other Friesen at www.FourPointsChurch.tv/dan

1 comment:

Christina Anne said...

This made me laugh out loud!